Benefits of yoga for preschoolersresultsbuilder
We practice yoga at the preschool – there are so many benefits for young children.
By practicing yoga poses, children learn how to exercise, develop confidence, and concentrate better.
The popularity of yoga can be attributed to the basic stretching advantages and improved body awareness, with the added component of the mind -body connection.
Yoga is beneficial to children in so many ways.
- It enhances physical flexibility; yoga promotes strength because children learn to use their muscles in new ways.
- It refines balance and coordination, balancing poses promote mental and physical poise, as mental clarity and stability increase from the effort of trying the poses. Practice makes possible, as children try to balance their balance improves. Coordination is closely tied to balance and promotes overall dexterity.
- It develops focus and concentration, yoga helps children to focus and concentrate, skills that help in school and in life
- It boots self-esteem and confidence, a yoga teacher offers guidance, it is up to the child to work to succeed
- It strengthens the mind-body connection, exercising the body and calming the mind.
How does it work? Simply put when children are frustrated, rushed, anxious, angry, sad etc., their bodies respond with stress hormones, namely adrenaline and cortisol. This causes their heart rate to accelerate, their breathing becomes shallow, and their muscles tighten. All of this is due to the “fight or flight” responses, which is important in some, but not many situations.
How do children respond to stress? Adults can choose to “run” or get out of a situation; children have less power to do so. We need to help them to learn how to deal with the stresses surrounding them. Yoga can do that. When we do yoga, we develop mental and physical focus, strength and balance, flexibility, and overall health. When we are focused and balanced, everything is easier.
A child who learns yoga, mindfulness and relaxation will be developing essential skills for a lifetime of health and wellness in mind, body, and spirit.